Master of Business Administration - MBA
The global business environment of today needs executives who recognize global trends and respond successfully to them. This MBA program raises the standards of management knowledge and practice through the study and understanding of management theory based on empirical research. MSM MBA participants are given the opportunity to share their expertise with fellow students and faculty members from all over the world. An innovative and stimulating learning environment is created in which the participants’ knowledge and skills are continuously challenged both inside and outside the classroom.
The MSM MBA outreach program is based on the same program offered in the Netherlands as well as in more than 20 countries worldwide. It consists of 18 courses, totaling 70 credit-hours, distributed on three segments:
The MBA degree offered by MSM embodies the state-of-the-art postgraduate education in business administration to young and mid-career professionals to advance their knowledge and practice of management and to train them to lead in a dynamic global business environment.
The courses of the program are:
1. Accounting for Managers | 3 Credits
2. Finance | 3 Credits
3. Economics for Managers | 3 Credits
4. Global Corporate Strategy | 3 Credits
5. Marketing in a Global Context | 3 Credits
6. Global Supply Chain Management | 3 Credits
7. Entrepreneurship | 3 Credits
8. Leadership and Organizational Behavior | 3 Credits
9. Corporate Responsibility and Ethics | 3 Credits
10. Managing Cultural Diversity | 3 Credits
11. Change Management | 3 Credits
12. Digital Transformation | 3 Credits
13. Decision Making Tools | 3 Credits
14. Reseach Methods | 3 Credits
Specialization Segment/Selective Specializations
Marketing Management Specialization
1. Advertising and Promotion | 3 Credits
2. Social Media Marketing | 3 Credits
3. Sales Management | 3 Credits
4. Marketing of Services| 3 Credits
Strategic Management Specialization
1. Understanding Business Complexity | 3 Credits
2. Finance for Strategic Management | 3 Credits
3. Strategic Management of Technology and Innovation | 3 Credits
4. Advanced Strategic Management | 3 Credits
Banking & Finance Specialization
1. Advanced Corporate Finance | 3 Credits
2. Financial Analysis and Valuation | 3 Credits
3. Banking and Financial Institutions | 3 Credits
4. Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management | 3 Credits
Mater Thesis | 16 Credits
The MSM MBA program has been accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA), the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE), and Association for Transnational Higher Education Accreditation (ATHEA). The Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science endorses the academic standards of MSM MBA degree by law. The MBA program complies with the standards upheld by the Higher Education Quality Control Organization of the Netherlands.
Location: Regional IT Institute premises.
Duration: 70 credit hours – 24 months.
Schedule: Lectures are held two - four times a week in the first 2 segments of the program, Specialization Segment lectures are sometimes held two - three times a week from 18:00 to 22:00 hrs.
The main prerequisite for admission to the MBA program is a sound academic background. Participants must hold at least a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. In addition to the following: - A completed application form. - Copies of academic transcripts. - Two recommendation letters. - Current resume. - Four passport sized photos should be submitted. Proof of English language proficiency: Any of the following tests are acceptable: - At least 570 TOEFL score or 89 for the internet based TOEFL is required. - At least 720 TOEIC score is required provided that the applicant passes the speaking, writing, listening and reading sections. - The minimum score of 6.5 is required for the Academic IELTS - In addition, 600 GMAT score or completing 4 Leveling Courses exams are required. - A minimum of three years of relevant work experience is also required. Participants are admitted on a competitive basis. (All documents have to be submitted in English Language).